Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Pruitt-Igoe Myth: A Movie

I came across this video some time ago, it is the trailer for a movie called The Pruitt Igoe Myth detailing the legacy and misconceptions of it's titular infamous housing project. I have not gotten a chance to view this movie yet, but this era is one of the most pivotal and most interesting in the history of urban development.


The things depicted in this trailer and covered in this movie are the reason we do this. We advocate for responsible growth not because we want to force people out of houses, institute communism, or bring about a world government. We do it because it is our responsibility to make sure what happened fifty years ago never gets wrought on humanity again.

2 comments:

  1. Eh... Watch the movie before you draw conclusions as to its message. I'm guessing you're going to be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostlikely will be. Hopefully I will have a chance to.

    ReplyDelete